Saturday, January 3, 2009

Grandma Pace

My Grandma Pace passed away the Sunday before Christmas, and I was so blessed to be able to make it to Ohio for her funeral. It was a quick trip, about 36 hours, because I wasnt sure how Zach would handle mommy being gone (since I am here with him 24/7) and as it turned out it was a god thing it was a quick trip, he was very antsy for mommy (as was Joe, lol) by the time I got home.

It was so great to get to Ohio (the last time I was there was my Junior year of High School) and be able to see my Aunts and Uncles that I never get to see, along with cousins, whom I probably havent seen in a good 20 years. The funeral service was absolutely beautiful, as well as the graveside service where they had a gentleman playing the bagpipes, and the Marines there to do the flag and taps, since my Grandma was in the Marines in WWII. She was such an amazing lady and so strong, she had been through a lot of hard times in her life, but she always made it through each thing with a positive attitude, and was that much stronger for it. I am so sad that I was never able to get Zachary out there to meet her, but I really think that she has visited him in some way, he seemed to know exactly who she was when I brought home the program from the funeral and he was looking at the picture.



No comments: