Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Conduct With Me..."

So Zach has this Little Einsteins Baton that he just loves, and he will carry it around and conduct his music, all very lovely. Well tonight he had it in the kitchen while he was helping Joe unload the dishwasher and I remember him coming back out to the living room and asked him where his baton was, and had Joe check the dishwasher to make sure Zach hadn't put it in there.... it wasn't in there. So I figured he put it somewhere and promptly forgot about it....

Well cut to just now, Joe came back inside from having taken the trash out and was holding Zach's Einsteins baton.. and I just started laughing and asked how he saw it in the trash bag? He laughed and said he threw the bag into the dumpster and clear as day heard it ring "Conduct with me!!" and light up, lol. So luckily the dumpster was pretty full and he was able to grab the bag and riffle through it until he found the thing.

It really makes me wonder what we don't find that has ended up in the dumpster...

4 comments:

emily said...

that's way funny. good thing it talks!

Toners said...

Bekah just threw away Ben's keys recently. Well, that's all we can figure, since she's done it before. :(

Jennifer said...

Haha, so glad to hear that you found it! I threw my keys in the dumpster the other day (lanyard got stuck on a bag) and had to fish them out with an umbrella :)

Jan said...

That's too funny! I have missed things from my pantry when we used to have a walk in pantry and our trash in there too. Like whole bags of plastic utensils and stuff. Man, those boys...they're trouble! By the way, Zach is just getting too big!