Monday, September 8, 2008

Random funny things :)

So there were a couple random funny things today that were too great, I have to share :)

First, Zach had never, NEVER been attached to any particular blanket until last December when he was admitted to the hospital for a respiratory infection. We had come to the ER thinking they would check him out, make sure things were OK, and then go home... but no no, they admitted him. So of course we didn't have any of his blankets with us, so the hospital has come blankets that people make and donate, and they gave one to Zach which he LOVED. he to this day still LOVES it and sleeps with it every day. Well today i did a load of laundry and realized i really needed to wash Zach's blanket, because it had been a week or two and it needed it. SO i washed it, and it wasn't dry by nap time, so i got out another blanket, to which he gave a not so happy look at. So this afternoon laundry is done and i bring it out to the living room to fold it, and Zach was playing on the floor next to me, so i threw his blanket over him. The kid squealed with excitement it was too funny! Then all he did for the next 15 minutes was laugh at it, scoot around it in a circle, lay down and roll all over the floor with it. It was adorable! He really loves that thing, i hope we never lose it!!



Second, I was watching Ellen this afternoon (yea new shows are back!!) and she had the Jonas brothers on, and that dang stupid pop music apparently got stuck in my head because later tonight i was giving Zach his bath and here's how the conversation went:

Me: (in the bathroom with Zach) started whistling whatever song it was that they were playing on the show

Joe: (from the kitchen) "I cant believe your whistling a Jonas brothers song

Me: realizing that was what I was whistling, and started to laugh and then said to Joe "Well I don't think that's any worse than the fact that you knew that was a Jonas Brothers song"

well.. as I typed it, it didn't seem to funny.... but it was pretty funny at the time....

4 comments:

Autumn said...

I love the conversation between you and Joe. It totally made me laugh. I love Zach and his blanket! All the kiddos have very strong attachments to blankets...so I can understand. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is funny that he knew it was a Jonas Brother song!

Bobbie Murphy said...

I understand the attachment to a blanket! Kaylin definately has hers! I've tagged you again! Details are on my blog. This one was quite fun to do!

Trent and Mel said...

You've been tagged, check out my blog!