Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pee-Pee in the Potty!!!



My mom is in town (horray!) and i was mentioning to her that the last 3 mornings when Zach has woken up his diaper has been dry and then he pee's sometime after he wakes up. So she suggested I get him a little potty and put him on it in the mornings so he could kinda get the hang of it. So I was a little skeptical, so I told her if he woke up the next day (today) with a dry diaper again what the heck, I would go get one... if he didn't use it now, he would later! So today he woke up, dry diaper :) So this afternoon we went and got a potty for him, brought it home and got it all set up in the bathroom, and I had to go myself so I thought I would put him on his potty when i was, so he could kind of associate the two things. Well, he LOVED sitting there, he sat there for a good 5 minutes, just happy as could be, and he reached for the toilet paper and wanted some :) SO after 5 min I got him up and noticed he had pee'd in the toilet!! He was SO proud of himself!! I couldn't believe it!! SO now we are going to work on his signs for needing to go potty so he can let me know, we'll see how he does with it, if he wants to great, if he doesn't great, I'm not really going to push him but he sure seems to like it!! So keep your fingers crossed for us!! :)


2 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

YEAH!!! What a big boy!!!!

emily said...

i love these photos, you can tell he is totally proud of himself :) and he should be--- he's progressing so fast!