Thursday, July 22, 2010

A day in San Diego!!

We had one day we spent in San Diego, which was wonderful! San Diego is one of my favorite places in California to go, there is so much to see, and so many neat places to go.


First we went to Old Town and grabbed some lunch at a very yummy mexican restaurant.


After lunch we walked over to visit the recently remodeled Mormon Battalion visitors Center. I haven't been there in years, and I have to say the interactive-ness of it made it a lot of fun. Even Joe said he had fun, and that's saying something ;)

After the tour we went out and panned for some gold! :)
Zach thought this was the best thing ever! He pumped that water like a pro!
View from the top of the Visitors Center

After a fun afternoon in Old Town we went to a Padres game! It was Zach's first time at a baseball game, and I think all of our first time at the new Petco field!
Funny story of the night... about halfway through the 1st inning Zach saw a guy sit down next to Joe with a piece of pizza... and he promptly turned to me and said "I really want some pizza!" I was so shocked by this whole complete sentence that came out of nowhere it kind of caught me off guard. I told him we would get him some in a little while, once we were a little farther into the game. About 5 min later the vendor guy came buy selling pizza and Zach frantically turned to me again and said "I really really want some pizza" in the saddest little voice I ever heard. So of course we got some then, and he ended up eating about 3/4 of the thing (and it was a huge slice!)

We ended up leaving after the 11th inning since it was so late... I think if I remember it ended up going 14 innings? It was so much fun, and Zach was passed out int he car before we even got to the freeway :)

No comments: