Saturday, July 5, 2008

An early birthday surprise! :)


So we went to toys r us today to get a couple birthday presents for Zach (22 days if anyone is counting!) and we randomly came across this WAY cute Nemo picnic table, that was originally 39.99 but then was a return so it was marked down to 20.00 (which i thought was a gret deal!) So we asked a guy who worked ther if we could double check to make sure all the pieces were in there since the box was open on the shelf. So he came over and pulled some of it out and looked, it was all there... YEA! so as he was putting everything back int he box it ripped, so he turned to us and said he could give it to us for $15... SOLD!

So we go up to the checkout with the table and his other presents and when i started to tell the check-out girl that the guy in the back had helped us and since the box was ripped.. and she interrupted me (before i told her the price he had said) and said, oh he said he could give it to you for $10, so we said ok, and off we went with our happy, much cheaper than expected early birthday find... so we decided to put it together when we got home since the box was all ripped :) and Zach had quite a fun time sitting at his new table after we got it together! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I love great deals! $10 is awesome for that cute table! I'm glad you have a blog, now we can all kit so much easier!

Trent and Mel said...

Christina, I made the comment above, but I was accidently signed in under my dad's name, so Barney is supposed to be mel & trent.

Bobbie Murphy said...

Wow... I love it when you get great deals.

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Yea Christina!!! I am so happy we have a way of keeping in touch. Your family is so cute!

Jan said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you guys started a blog! It'll be a great way to keep up! I love what a great deal you got and can't believe it's been two years since Zach was born. Miss you and hope all is well. I'll check back often!